[distcc] Re: Distcc & GDB (fix)

Enno Rehling ennor at funcom.com
Mon May 12 06:23:28 GMT 2003

Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> everything ``just works'' (well, except that object files would have
> incorrect pwd information if ccache happens to reuse them from a
> compilation in a different directory, but is this so much of a
> problem?)

Yes. We here plan to use ccache as a kind of 'wink-in' repository for object
files (haven't got it to work yet, due to time constraints, but will go for
it soon). I would like all our developers to share the same ccache
directory, no matter where they keep their code checked out, so that when
someone makes a commit and you update, the object file for the new version
is already in ccache.

If I understand the discussion, when the full pwd is in the object file,
this wouldn't work.

Enno.