[distcc] distcc and g++

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 15 16:27:52 GMT 2003

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:16:11AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> This will lead to the problems I posted both here and on kde-devel.

Using CXX="distcc g++" will result in that.  Using masquerading will
not.

Thus, a full solution is already in place in the latest release of
distcc -- just create a dir (such as /usr/lib/distcc/bin) and put
symlinks into it (for cc, gcc, c++, g++, etc.) that point to distcc, add
that directory to the start of the PATH, set DISTCC_HOSTS, get a -j#
option to gnu make somehow (perhaps by setting MAKEFLAGS, perhaps by
just running "make -j5"), and a normal KDE compile will work with distcc
as it should.  I've done this with three releases of KDE so far, and it
works great.

..wayne..