[distcc] More masquerade questions vs shell scripting?

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Sat Mar 29 21:38:15 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 March 2003 08:33 pm, Jasper V. Ferrer wrote:
> well its really not a problem for me anymore, masq dir is working perfect.
>
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> > kde doesn't like multi-string commands for CC, CXX, it has something to
> > do with the version of the libtool package kde uses.
> >
> > If you search kde-devel list and the libtool list, for my email address
> > you can find the thread and the rational why this won't work until kde
> > updates their libtool.

Can someone explain the masquerade stuff verses a shell script early in your
path like this:

#!/bin/bash
exec /usr/bin/ccache /usr/bin/distcc /usr/bin/gcc $*

That seems to work for me. Is this because I have ccache, distcc, and gcc all
in the same path?

What would masquerade give that the above shell doesn't?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500