[distcc] masquerade confusion

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 14 18:01:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:47:42PM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> Can you please humour me by writing smaller functions that do just one
> thing?  I found dcc_set_path a bit hard to untangle.

Yes, it was rather obtuse.  Sorry 'bout that.  I've created a new patch
that has the checking and setting of the path separated better and also
uses asprintf() (thanks for the reminder that it is available).

> It may be better to just eliminate matching directories rather than
> going from that point onwards.

I disagree.  I think the current trimming is the right way to go because
distcc uses the same algorith for its path munging (it trims off the
entire start of the path up through its masquerade dir).

> It would be good to have a test case that runs dcc_set_path against
> different scenarios.

Yeah.  I'll look into how to write test cases soon.  Here's just the
updated code for now:

    http://www.blorf.net/distccd.patch

..wayne..