[distcc] distcc with icc -c -g

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 12 19:06:03 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 11:35:21AM +0100, Tom Van Laerhoven wrote:
> $ distcc icc -c -g conftest.c -o conftest
> /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): In function `_start':
> : undefined reference to `main'

I was hoping you'd test that without distcc to see if the error was
occurring solely because of an icc option-parsing bug.  If the command
succeeds without distcc on the command-line, there there is some other
side-effect of distcc that is causing the option-parsing weirdness.

In any case, I wonder if a potential solution (that would hopefully work
on all systems) would be to change distcc to prefix the "-o FILE" args
to the start of the command-line.  Does this prefixing work with icc?
E.g.:

    icc -o conftest -c -g conftest.c

and thus this is OK?

    distcc icc -o conftest -c -g conftest.c