[distcc] on accepting patches

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 12 02:16:24 GMT 2003

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:09:47AM +1100, Martin Pool wrote:
> I still appreciate patches without tests, but they might take longer
> to merge.

One suggestion for you -- if you like (or don't like) a particular
incomplete patch, it's really helpful if you mention it on the list so
that we can work on fleshing out the things that have a high chance of
being accepted and not waste time on the things that are going to be
rejected.  I often find it useful to toss out a sample implementation
of something to test the waters, and only document it (or even polish
it into acceptable code) once I get some reactions back.

We could also have folks volunteer to help document and/or add tests
for things that are on a list of to-be-accepted-when-complete patches.
We'd just need to have some way to know what's waiting around and who
wanted to help out with what.

..wayne..