[Ethereal-dev] Re: [distcc] [patch] distcc dissector for ethereal

Ronnie Sahlberg ronnie_sahlberg at ozemail.com.au
Tue Mar 11 10:36:40 GMT 2003

the ssh dissector would also at a later time need to be enhanced to
offer TCP desegmentation service to higher layer dissectors.

in the same way as currently both TCP and SMBnamedpipes offer
TCP desegmnetation service to DCERPC.
the dcerpc dissector just asks for desegmentation of x bytes and it just
happens regardless if the transport is tcp or smb.

ok,  TCP desegmentation is a misnomer, it should instead have been called
ConnectionOrientedTransport desegmentation.