[distcc] Re: masquerade for 1.2.3

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Mar 5 09:07:37 GMT 2003

On  5 Mar 2003, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br> wrote:
> On Mar  4, 2003, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:

> How about using [MAX] instead, as if it were an array declaration?  It
> even makes sense :-)
>
> Of course someone could legitimately have [] characters in the distcc
> pathnames, but do we care? :-D

Square brackets are used in the standard scheme for putting IPv6
literals in URLs, so I thought I would leave them for somebody who
wanted to do that.

  [::60a1:5ec5]

But I suppose this is not ambiguous: brackets in the host part are an
IPv6 name, brackets after it might be a process limit.

  [::60a1:5ec5][4]

Another option would be just to allow random per-host named
parameters, but I think the number of processes is important enough to
deserve its own syntax.

  foohost,n=4
  foohost,n=4,timeout=30,weight=3.2