[distcc] distcc 1.2.2 released

Tom Matelich tmatelich at zetec.com
Thu Feb 27 19:03:33 GMT 2003

I decided to pay attention to warnings with this build... if you don't want
these reports, please let me know.

Platform: HP 11i, gcc 3.2

1) HP conditional:  Doesn't hurt, but gcc also defines __hpux.

2) alloca: I was seeing implicit declarations of alloca in popt, so I
reorganized the alloca section in popt/system.h so it looks like this:
#if defined(__GNUC__) && defined(__STRICT_ANSI__)
# define alloca __builtin_alloca
#else
# if HAVE_ALLOCA_H
#  include <alloca.h>
# else
#  ifdef _AIX
#pragma alloca
#  else
#   ifndef alloca /* predefined by HP cc +Olibcalls */
char *alloca ();
#   endif
#  endif
# endif
#endif

Or, should I define __STRICT_ANSI__?

3) srvnet.c: warnings about incompatible pointer types.  As is, complains
about passing socklen_t* to getpeername (wants an int*).  Or you can define
_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED to get socklen_t* param.  That causes getsockopt to
complain about the int* being passed to a socklen_t*.

4) snprintf.c: I don't see anywhere for HAVE_CTYPE_H to be defined, which I
need.

Still having locking problems, I'll send those on the other thread.