[distcc] distcc 1.2 released

Julien Letessier mezis at free.fr
Tue Feb 25 13:09:03 GMT 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 06:55 Europe/Paris, Martin Pool wrote:

> On 24 Feb 2003, Julien Letessier <mezis at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> BTW, this addresses the same issue on Darwin 6 / MacOS 10.2
>> platforms... But small tweaks are still required for distcc to build:
>> the cpp precompiler has to be deactivated. I build with
>> -no-cpp-precomp
>> in the CPPFLAGS, and everything just works. This should be the default
>> on this platform anyways ;)
>
> So should the manual say that CPPFLAGS should always have
> -no-cpp-precomp on Darwin?

Definitely. If you don't your make will stop immediately with:

gcc -I./lib -I./popt -I./src -g -O2 -W -Wall -W -Wimplicit -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o src/cpp.o -c src/cpp.c
src/cpp.c:74: only 1 arg to macro 'rs_fatal' (2 expected)
cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in
basic mode
make: *** [src/cpp.o] Error 1

So the ideal solution would probably be to set this flag when detecting
Darwin at configure time.

Cheers,
--
Julien T. Letessier                   aim: JLetessier
Post-graduate ENSIMAG Student         web: http://www.mezis.net
IMAG IVR Master Student               email: contact at mezis.net