[distcc] distcc -h/-v

Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS papadopo at shfj.DECOY.cea.NOSPAM.fr
Mon Feb 24 11:02:40 GMT 2003

Hi,

Running 'distcc -v' or 'distcc -h' (or whataver other unknown option)
returns an error message:

distcc[10736] (dcc_recursion_safeguard) CRITICAL! distcc seems to have
invoked itself recursively!

* I would expect distcc to exit with a nice error message about unknown
   parameters, possibly displaying some short help. But maybe I'm missing
   something and there's no way not to exit with an error.

* I would expect distcc to understand -h and -v as equivalent of --help
   and --version.

--
Dimitri