[distcc] toggle-wrapper

Eric Andresen ndiin1 at cox.net
Wed Feb 12 05:42:29 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 21:38, Kevin N. Carpenter wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Curious what the story is regarding the toggle-wrapper script and
> gentoo's distcc 1-1-r8?  I noticed the package didn't include
> toggle-wrapper, wouldn't emerge if --distcc=on was current, appeared to
> use distcc without --distcc=on, but complained about the host variable
> not be defined (because --distcc=off???).
>
> I'm obviously confused about the current relationship between
> toggle-wrapper and the gentoo distribution of distcc.
>
> Would someone be so kind as to gently straighten me out?
>
> Kevin C.
>
> __
> distcc mailing list            http://distcc.samba.org/
> To unsubscribe or change options:

If you look at bug 13897 from gentoo bugzilla, there are three different
wrappers there. The original bash based wrapper, a gcc-config
replacement, and what has now become distcc-1.1-r8. distcc-1.1-r8 does
not use the toggle-wrapper script from gcc-config's replacement at all.
They are seperate entities. distcc-1.1-r8 is "toggled" by adding
/usr/lib/distcc/bin to PATH, and/or "distcc" to FEATURES (in make.conf).
It does not however support midbuild toggling and host switching like
the other wrapper.

I hope this clears things up some.

--
--Eric Andresen