[distcc] distcc 0.14 patch for setting uid/gid

Dwayne Rightler drightler at technicalogic.com
Wed Nov 20 22:40:20 GMT 2002

Dunno...  I always prefer a program to change user/drop privs itself...
probally a personal preference thing.  At work I tried to do a su -c first
and RedHat gives nodoby a shell of /bin/nologin by default so it didn't
work.  Could I change nobody's shell?  Sure.  I hacked this in for my own
use really, just decided to send the patch to the list and see if anyone
else wanted it.  I would be interested in knowing if the method I used to
drop privs isn't secure, however.