[distcc] Re: Cygwin

Maniac - developer at csrules.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 19 16:19:01 GMT 2002

Greets,

Ok, I build a cross compiler from cygwin to linux. Used the instructions i
found here:
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/cygwin-to-linux-cross-howto.txt

Played a little with the setup described in the above link, but at the end
of the day, got it working. Installed distcc and all was gravy!

Machines:
433Mhz Celeron Mandrake Linux 6.1
800Mhz Pentium III Windows 2000 with cygwin cross compiler
A test compile of php-4.2.3
without distcc: 8 minutes
with distcc (make -j2): 6 minutes

Yay!