FW: [distcc] Multi CPU machines

Jean-Eric Cuendet Jean-Eric.Cuendet at linkvest.com
Tue Nov 19 10:01:01 GMT 2002

	And I forgot one thing.
	Wouldn't it be cool if the jobs are spawned in function of the system lod average or CPU load average?
	The servers could send the client the current load and so the next job could be sent depending on that. Or the spawn could be done in pure round robin, or in pure random. All I try to ask/propose is to be able to spend more than one job on each machine.
	And so we could spawn N processes on each machine depending only on the make -jN, not the number of DISTCC_HOSTS defined (One DISTCC_HOST could well be a 4 CPU or HyperThreading machine).
	What do you think?
	-jec