[distcc] distcc -j1 ok, distcc -j2 fails ?

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Nov 14 06:36:01 GMT 2002

On 14 Nov 2002, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 November 2002 11:45 pm, you wrote:
> > export DISTCC_VERBOSE=1 DISTCC_LOG=/tmp/distcc.log
> >
> > Run the compile up until it fails, and post the (relevant sections of)
> > the log.  Also, please explain in more detail what you mean by "bombs
> > out".  Make gives an error?  distcc gives an error?  Your computer
> > detonates?
>
> Computer detonates! It's messy.  Make gives an error.  Looks like gcc exits
> with error code 104.

OK, I think I can see what is wrong.  (distcc can't handle a .S file
as the first argument in implicit compiler mode, which I think was
known before.)

You could try building with CC='distcc gcc', which should fix this,
but there is a chance that will cause a different failure.

I'll try to get you a fix.