[distcc] distcc -j1 ok, distcc -j2 fails ?

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Nov 14 05:51:02 GMT 2002

On 13 Nov 2002, Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build glibc-2.2.93 on a linux box.
>
> Doing a make -j1 (which sets CC=distcc) everything works fine.
>
> Doing a make -j2 the compile bombs out.
>
> If I set CC=gcc, -j2 (I have a dual processor box) the compile completes.
>
> I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem.

export DISTCC_VERBOSE=1 DISTCC_LOG=/tmp/distcc.log

Run the compile up until it fails, and post the (relevant sections of)
the log.  Also, please explain in more detail what you mean by "bombs
out".  Make gives an error?  distcc gives an error?  Your computer
detonates?

Cheers,
"Hi!  I'm from the Internet."