[distcc] Re: MS Visual C++ support

Michael Santy mike.santy at dynetics.com
Wed Nov 6 14:22:01 GMT 2002

I'm aware of MinGW (I couldn't stand windows without it).  However,
MinGW has not implemented fork().  Perhaps fork() could be replaced with
a native Win32 call CreateProcess (via the w32api mingw package).

I have looked at the source, and see where the command line options for
cc are being parsed and stripped.  Adding the switches for msvc looks
like it will be the majority of work.

Does distcc care what suffix the preprocessed source and the object
files have (eg .obj instead of .o)?

Thanks,
Mike