[distcc] gcc -MD problem

tmwg-distcc at inxservices.com tmwg-distcc at inxservices.com
Mon Oct 28 21:07:00 GMT 2002

   I'm using 012, and having trouble with dependency file creation. The
makefiles that are set up to use gcc's -MD option aren't working. I'm
getting some of the .d files in their proper directory, and not others.
I haven't actually investigated, but my bet is that any compilation that
is shipped off to another computer doesn't get the .d file created.
   This means that a change to a header file doesn't recompile
everything it affects. I could switch over to a different method of
generating .d files, but I thought I'd report this first and see if
anything else can be done.