[distcc] How to involve the localhost too?

Alexander.Farber at nokia.com Alexander.Farber at nokia.com
Tue Oct 22 09:01:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

the 3 IBM xSeries 8-Xeon babies are actually on the way to me ;-)

> > However the tcc is only started on bolinux11, but not
> > on the bolinux47 (ie. not on the localhost) - I don't
> > see it with "top" and I don't see it in the logfile. This
> > of course makes the build process slower, not faster.
> Did you use make -j 8, or something like that?

No, I haven't. I've restarted it now with

	setenv DISTCC_HOSTS "bolinux11:1111 localhost"
and
	gmake -j4 CC="distcc tcc"

and see that tcc is now being called on the localhost too
and that distccd isn't needed on the localhost (right?)

I'll report the build time improvement to you in
(hopefully ;-) few minutes

Regards
Alex