[distcc] Distributing with SPARCworks 4.2 or Forte 6.1 Solaris compiler?

Hien D. Ngo hien at moses.xp.com
Mon Oct 21 21:06:00 GMT 2002

I was able to get the C compiler (cc) under SW 4/Forte 6 to work by making some
minor changes to the distcc source.  The problem, though, is that I've found out
that the C++ compiler (CC) behaves differently than cc handling files!

If you specify '-P -o /tmp/filename.i' CC will ignore the directory and put the .i
file into your current directory.  I have not been able to coax it into doing the
right thing with the documented command line options.  With cc, you can specify '-P -
o /tmp/filename.i' and it will put the file where you tell it to.

So it looks like the only way to support the CC SW/Forte compiler is to use '-E' and
redirect stdout to /path/filename.i.

Martin, would making the above change horribly break things in any way?

Hien