[distcc] distcc i18n support?

mbp at samba.org mbp at samba.org
Fri Oct 18 01:00:01 GMT 2002

I was just looking at popt and thinking about it's gettext() support.

It occurred to me that because distcc seems to have a fair number of
users in Europe and the Middle East people might be interested in
having it produce messages in languages other than English.

I can't do this myself, but I wouldn't mind adding a framework in a
future release so that people can contribute translations.  For this
to be worthwile I suppose it would be necessary to get at least a
summary of the documentation translated as well.

Is anybody interested in doing translations?  Does it matter?  (Are
all C programmers used to working in English?)

I suppose it's not urgent but I just thought I would see if there was
any interest.