[distcc] How to get libpopt for Solaris

Shane McDaniel shanem at ll.mit.edu
Thu Oct 17 17:34:00 GMT 2002

Hello, I'd like to use distcc on Solaris 8 yet as was stated in the
install files Solaris doesn't comes with libpopt.  I can't seem to find
out where to get libpopt though.  I read previously in the archives that
someone wrote a replacement, and subsiquent to that post it was mentioned
that in later versions of distcc libpopt could be included.  That doesn't
seem to have actually happened yet, so I'd like to just make libpopt
myself instead of using a third parts library.

Oddly enough we use samba and rsync under Solaris 8 and I can't seem to
find the libpopt library that rsync should have required.  rsync -v shows
we are running 2.5.5 and as far as I can tell that version required
libpopt.  Perhaps is was statically linked?

Any help would be appreciated, and maybe an addition to the distcc site
somewhere about what solaris users can do.

Thank You.

-shane