[distcc] Binding distccd to specific IP.

Neil Mansilla neil at whatUseek.com
Wed Oct 16 16:20:02 GMT 2002

It appears that distccd listens on all interfaces and IPs.  There's a way
to bind to a --port, but not to a specific IP address.  This would be an
added measure of security, opening up that port only to a specific IP
(i.e. a local network).

I did read the FAQ re: firewalls, and indeed, this isn't intended to be an
alternative to blocking out that port via firewall, just an added security
measure so that distccd only listens on a single IP if requested.

I actually patched the code with a new option, --address.  If the group is
interested let me know.  Also, what would be the preferred diff command
line options?

Thanks,
Neil Mansilla
whatUseek, Corp.