[distcc] distcc & glibc-2.2.5 & gcc-3.2

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Oct 10 23:43:00 GMT 2002

On 10 Oct 2002, Kai Reichert <kai.reichert at udo.edu> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> distcc works for most packages.
>
> Now I tried to compile glibc (under gentoo).
>
> It stops after a while of compiling with following error message :
>
> Any ideas what' wrong ?

It looks like you found a bug.  Congratulations! :-)  And thankyou for
the clear report.

I think this can be fixed in the next release.

You should be able to work around it for now by just saying

  CC="distcc gcc"

assuming that is compatible with this package in other respects.  If
not, you could try using the little distc wrapper script.

The problem is that in this context distcc incorrectly thinks the .S
file is the name of the compiler.