[distcc] Re: Welcome to the "distcc" mailing list

Ernesto xtango at netcombbs.com.ar
Mon Oct 7 23:02:00 GMT 2002

Hi list,

I just installed distcc on a couple of PCs. One Pentium 3 600 and a dual Pentium III 866.
Now, I want the dual P3 to accept more jobs than the single P3. I've read the docs and it says there's no way to do this yet and I was wondering....
what if I put two (or more) times the same host on the DISTCC_HOSTS var?

DISTCC_HOSTS="host1 host1 localhost"

I guess this might not work because of the locking system, but as I don't know how the locking system works, I must ask.

Regards,
Ernesto