[distcc] [Patch] DNS multi-A-records

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Fri Sep 20 12:08:01 GMT 2002

On 20 Sep 2002, Andreas Granig <andreas.granig at infonova.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's a Patch for resolving DNS multi-A-records in the
> distcc-client.

That looks very nice indeed.  Thankyou!

> distcc[28464] (dcc_try_lock_host) locked /tmp/distcc_000003e8/lock_localhost_0.0.0
> .0_0000000

I think I might change the lockfile format a little more, so that it
incorporates the type of host (local, tcp, ssh, etc.)  Then it will be
just "lock_localhost", "local_tcp_angry_192.168.1.128", etc.

> Hope this is also useful for you.

Yes, of course.  I just need to work out a way to test it adequately
and then it can go in the next release.  Testing will be a bit hard as
it relies on the resolver's responses, but I'm sure there is a good
way to do it automatically and without needing special DNS changes.