[distcc] Re: gcc 3 support for distcc

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Thu Sep 19 12:01:02 GMT 2002

On 19 Sep 2002, Stephan Kulow <coolo at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> distcc 0.10.1 misinterprets every -M option beside -MD as
> implying -E. Fact is only -M itself implies -E.

Thanks for that.  I had written the original parser while only reading
the gcc 2.95 spec, so it was too conservative with the new 3.2
options.

Actually -MM is like -M in that it writes to stdout and does not
compile, both according to the manual and also in observed behaviour.
So I think that ought to come out of the patch.