[distcc] Re: implicit compiler name

Alexandre Oliva oliva at lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Sun Sep 15 04:25:00 GMT 2002

On Sep 14, 2002, Martin Pool <mbp at samba.org> wrote:

> Another approach, although not so general, would be to have both
> DISTCC_CC and DISTCC_CXX, and use one or the other depending on
> whether C or C++ code is being compiled.

This would be tricky.  How would you tell, given that foo.c is
allowed to be a C++ source file as long as you compile it using g++?

/me thinks it would be best to install distCC or distcxx in addition
to distcc, such that distcxx would run g++ and distcc would run gcc.
But I dislike this solution too...  I'd much rather just say `distcc
gcc' and be done with it.