[distcc] Re: More debugging info for FIN_WAIT1 bug with RH 6

Hien D. Ngo hien at moses.xp.com
Thu Sep 5 21:46:09 GMT 2002

Turning off tcp_cork seems to make the problems under RH 6 go away; no more
FIN_WAIT1 connections, netstat is completely clean.  Turning tcp_cork off also works
for me on the RH 7 machines, so I can happily build with distcc now on all my
machines :)  BTW, the FIN_WAIT1 connections never die off, they just keep
accumulating as far as I can tell.

No weird firewalling in between the various machines (though there may be several
routers in between.)

Thanks much for the fixes.

Hien