SENDFILE fix not working, on to tcp_cork (Re: HAVE_SENDFILE change not effective (Re: [distcc] Problems with distcc hanging on large compiles))

Hien D. Ngo hien at moses.xp.com
Fri Aug 30 20:19:01 GMT 2002

Sorry, didn't realize that you wanted the info on the FIN_WAIT1 hang ups still.  The
bug seemed easy to reproduce, so I'll rerun with tcp_cork back on when I get a
chance.  RH 6 machines seemed to bomb out very quickly.

So far, so good, though after turning off tcp_cork.  Both test compile loops are
running fine on RH 7.2/7.3 and RH 6 test machines.  I'll leave them running for a
while to be sure.

I'll be out of town for the weekend, but if I get a chance, I'll reproduce the
FIN_WAIT1 problems, I'll send the data.

Have a good weekend all.

Hien