[distcc] Problems with distcc hanging on large compiles (Problem almost solved)

Hien D. Ngo hien at moses.xp.com
Tue Aug 27 09:03:31 GMT 2002

I spoke a little too soon.  Still getting intermittent hang ups with distcc
compiling our in-house code.  Compiling the linux kernel ad infinitum works
flawlessly.  It looks like the place where I get hung up is fairly consistent.
though.  distcc gets stuck after compiling a very large file.  The library being
built is 20+ MB, the in-memory footprint is in the 200+ MB range (uses heavy C++
template instantiation.)

Any help would be appreciated.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Hien