[distcc] Re: Patch for problem with distcc and ccache

Chris Halls chris.halls at gmx.de
Thu Aug 15 00:45:59 GMT 2002

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 11:37:37AM +0200, Marcus Gruendler wrote:
> I have applied the patch to distcc-0.7 and now everything works fine!

Great, but I think you'll probably find ccache still doesn't cache the files
properly.  Martin has committed another change to CVS, where the warning
about not distributing the file is not produced.  This was due to ccache
calling the preprocessor first (which always runs on the local machine), and
including the output of distcc in the hash for the cache.

Really ccache, needs to know about distcc instead of thinking that it is the
compiler.

Chris