[distcc] distcc and ccache problems

Marcus Gruendler Marcus.Gruendler at aixigo.de
Mon Aug 12 01:30:01 GMT 2002

Martin Pool wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2002, Marcus Gruendler <Marcus.Gruendler at aixigo.de> wrote:
>

>>I have a problem using distcc in combination with ccache. I seems as if the
>>problems are similar to the ones using distcc with tmpfs, but I don't use
>>tmpfs at all. Whenever I call
>

> Very interesting!  Thankyou for reporting this so clearly.  You are
> probably right that sendfile() is not sending all the data.
>
> Can you tell me what filesystem is used on /tmp and on your working
> directory?

Both is good old ext2. They are even in the same partition on the same disk :-)

> In the meantime you could try editing config.h to remove
> HAVE_SENDFILE, do "make clean" and recompile.  That might get it
> working for now.

[...]

I will try this, thank you for the hint!

Bye, Marcus

--
Dipl. Inform. Marcus Gründler

aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology
Schloß-Rahe-Straße 15, 52072 Aachen, Germany
fon: +49 (0)241 936737-26, fax: +49 (0)241 936737-99
eMail: Marcus.Gruendler at aixigo.de, web: http://www.aixigo.de