[distcc] Re: building on Solaris 8

Dimitri PAPADOPOULOS-ORFANOS papadopo at shfj.cea.fr
Fri Jul 12 10:19:56 GMT 2002

Hi again,

I wrote:

> Building distcc-0.6 on Solaris 8 with the Forte 6 update 2 compiler:
> [...]
> You should link using:
> 	-lnsl -lsocket
> instead of:
> 	-lpopt

OK, I've found and installed popt (it is not
installed in a straightforward on Solaris by
the way, it would be better not to rely on a
library that is not very portable).

So distcc should link using:
	-lpopt -lnsl -lsocket
There must be autoconf scripts for -lnsl and
-lsocket. As for -lpopt, it is installed in
/usr/local. It would be nice to have an option
such as:
	--with-popt-prefix=...

> Then there's still an error:
> [...]
> asprintf                            where.o

There's no such thing on most UNIX systems. This
looks like a GNUism.