[distcc] sendfile() not working on tmpfs

Eivind Magnus Hvidevold emh at hvidevold.cjb.net
Fri Jun 28 07:39:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 04:19:50PM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> I think your problem is fixed in CVS HEAD, or by the attached patch.
> If you get a chance to try it please let me know.

The patch works perfectly! Thanks!

PS! What I meant by "fixable" was related to whether the problem with
tmpfs was in distcc's usage of sendfile() or in the sendfile()
function itself. I'd call it "workaroundable" per my definition.

I searched google for "tmpfs sendfile" today and by the thread
"http://banyan.dlut.edu.cn/news/052201/0006.html" on linux-kernel it
appears the problem is that tmpfs doesn't export all functions needed
by sendfile, and it's not worth fixing.

EMH