[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] [MS-ADTS] A Group Managed Service Account authenticating with a previous password - TrackingID#2405140040001588

Jo Sutton jsutton at samba.org
Tue May 21 04:19:45 UTC 2024

Thank you, Kristian.

I’ve had some difficulty trying to replicate these results. After
manually changing the password of a Group Managed Service Account, there
is a five minute interval during which I can use the previous password
to log in via NTLM. However, I have not managed to get a previous
password to work — with NTLM or with Kerberos — following the natural
rollover of a gMSA’s password.

Cheers,
Jo (she/her)