[cifs-protocol] LsarOpenPolicy3 and LsarQueryInformationPolicy2

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Fri Jul 12 12:23:31 UTC 2024

Hello Dochelp Team,

3.1.4.4.9 LsarOpenPolicy3 (Opnum 130) has the following note:

> Note: LsarOpenPolicy3 supersedes LsarOpenPolicy2 and MUST be used whenever
possible.

3.1.4.4.3 LsarQueryInformationPolicy2 (Opnum 46) has:

> PolicyHandle: An RPC context handle obtained from either LsarOpenPolicy or
LsarOpenPolicy2.

Now the questions is, if it also works with LsarOpenPolicy3 and the comment
hasn't been updated or if it really only works with LsarOpenPolicy and
LsarOpenPolicy2.

I don't think there is a reason why it shouldn't work with a policy handle
from LsarOpenPolicy3, but I guess it might not be the case.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D