[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] Looking for missing documentation (MS-KILE?) for CVE-2024-21427 - TrackingID#2404090040000707

Obaid Farooqi obaidf at microsoft.com
Wed Apr 24 20:44:25 UTC 2024

Hi Andrew:
For the questions posed below by you, we have finished our investigation.

CVE-2024-21427: There is no on the wire changes; 21427 made sure we enforced auth silo checks on AS-REQs when they weren't to KRBTGT. We already enforced them on TGS.

CVE-2024-20674: There is no on the wire changes; 20674 was a logic failure in our parsing of an error code.

PAC signature changes: Paul provided you with the file with structures and details in a meeting.

Please let me know if this does not answer you questions.

Regards,
Obaid Farooqi
Escalation Engineer | Microsoft