[cifs-protocol] [MS-XCA] LZ77+ Huffman example 1

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Oct 14 04:35:24 UTC 2022

hi Dochelp,

In the first example in Section 3.2, where "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" is
"compressed" into a ~282 byte sequence ending with

    d8 52 3e d7 94 11 5b e9 19 5f f9 d6 7c df 8d 04 00 00 00 00

where do all the trailing zeros come from?

They do not encode characters, and from the decoding description in 2.2.4, we
don't read 32 bits at a time except at the start of the first block, so
processing should be well finished before we get to read these. It seems to
violate the "input buffer is finished" termination rule.

regards,
Douglas