[cifs-protocol] SMB2_CREATE error code IO_REPARSE_TAG_NOT_HANDLED?

Volker Lendecke Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de
Fri Nov 18 13:20:44 UTC 2022

Hello dochelp,

attached find a trace with an error code I can't find in [MS-SMB2] nor
in [MS-FSA] in the places I would expect it.

Frame 17 sets bogus reparse point data on a fresh file, and frame 21
tries to delete that file again without the OPEN_REPARSE_POINT create
option. It gets NTSTATUS code 0xc0000279, which Samba and Wireshark
translate to IO_REPARSE_TAG_NOT_HANDLED. I would expect this error
code to be mmentioned in

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-fsa/41f3734a-5bba-4c3b-9d04-7baafc9b7bfe

2.1.5.1.2 Open of an Existing File

but I did not find it there.