[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] Re: [MS-ADTS] SID as DN alternative for querying groups by member - TrackingID#2209290040008412

Jeff McCashland (He/him) jeffm at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 15 18:50:45 UTC 2022

Hi Christof,

Did the information below help at all? Using the LDP from Windows should work, have you tried that to compare the network traces?

Best regards,
Jeff McCashland (He/him) | Senior Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
Phone: +1 (425) 703-8300 x38300 | Hours: 9am-5pm | Time zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Local country phone number found here: http://support.microsoft.com/globalenglish | Extension 1138300

> 3.	Attempting Simple Bind on clear-text LDAP port rather than using TLS

1 and 2 go together, or you can use 3.
LDAP over TLS will allow simple bind.
All 3 together can also be used.