[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] Re: [MS-ADTS] SID as DN alternative for querying groups by member - TrackingID#2209290040008412

Jeff McCashland (He/him) jeffm at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 10 23:12:19 UTC 2022

Hi Christof,

I'll ask about the 3 settings and let you know. The comment actually refers to the 'packetcapture1.pcap' network trace you provided for 'Case2-NormalQuery_ReferralEnabled'.

The response in frame 1923 includes several referrals, but you can see in frame 1934 that the binding wasn't actually successful.

Best regards,
Jeff McCashland (He/him) | Senior Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
Phone: +1 (425) 703-8300 x38300 | Hours: 9am-5pm | Time zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Local country phone number found here: http://support.microsoft.com/globalenglish | Extension 1138300