[cifs-protocol] MS-DNSP errata

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 1 01:47:27 UTC 2021

hi Dochelp,

In a number of places [MS-DNSP] mentions timestamps in to form of "the
number of seconds since 12:00 A.M. January 1, 1601". At least some of
these should really speak of the "number of 100-nanosecond intervals" that
we are used to dealing with.

In 3.1.4.5, in the paragraph starting "If pszZoneName points to a primary
zone", EntombedTime is described as a number of seconds, contrary to
descriptions elsewhere (2.2.2.2.4.23).

Same thing in 3.1.1.1.1, under "DsTombstoneInterval", EntombedTime is
compared with a number of seconds.

Also in sections 3.1.1 and 3.1.1.2.1 "Time Zone Secured" is described as
the number of seconds since 1601. I don't know if that is correct or not.

This is not really a question, unless EntombedTime is really sometimes in
seconds and sometimes in 10-millionths of seconds, in which case I will
have lots of questions.

Douglas