[cifs-protocol] MS-DNSP errata on timestamp descriptions - TrackingID#2106010040000420

Jeff McCashland jeffm at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 27 00:02:34 UTC 2021

[-support alias]

Hi Douglas,

We have updated [MS-DNSP] for the next release of the document:

3.1.1.1.1 DNS Server Integer Properties
DsTombstoneInterval:
Every day at 2:00 AM local time the DNS server MUST conduct a search of all zones stored in the directory server for nodes which have the dnsTombstoned attribute set to TRUE and an EntombedTime (section 2.2.2.2.4.23) value greater than DsTombstoneInterval seconds in the past (convert seconds to 100-nanosecond intervals for comparison). Any such nodes MUST be permanently deleted from the directory server <127>

3.1.4.5 R_DnssrvUpdateRecord (Opnum 4)
When processing this call, the server MUST do the following:
§	If pszZoneName points to a primary zone, attempt to perform addition/deletion/update of the record. If the operation is successful, increment the zone serial number using serial number arithmetic [RFC1982]. If the zone is directory server-integrated and the update causes new or modified records to be committed to the directory, the new zone serial number MUST also be written to the Serial field of the dnsRecord attribute (section 2.3.2.2). If the last record at the node is being deleted and the zone is stored in the directory server or is directory server-integrated, the DNS server MUST set the node's dnsTombstoned attribute to TRUE and the node's dnsRecord attribute to contain a DNS_RPC_RECORD_TS record (section 2.2.2.2.4.23) with an EntombedTime value equal to the current time expressed as the number of 100-nanosecond intervals since 12:00 A.M. January 1, 1601 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

Best regards,
Jeff McCashland | Senior Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team
Phone: +1 (425) 703-8300 x38300 | Hours: 9am-5pm | Time zone: (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Local country phone number found here: http://support.microsoft.com/globalenglish | Extension 1138300
We value your feedback.  My manager is Natesha Morrison (namorri), +1 (704) 430-4292