[cifs-protocol] Remote pwd change when "must change at next logon" is set?

Thu Apr 8 09:12:35 UTC 2021

Hi, dochelp!

I've got a Windows 2019 Terminal Server with local users. There's a
newly created user that has "must change password at next logon" (see
frame 53 in the attached pcap). How can I change the password
initially? The attached pcap is a listing of a Windows 2012 DC where I
pressed ctrl-alt-del, "change pwd" and then I typed

172.21.202.15\vlendec

into the user field. The Windows 2012 machine I'm coming from now
tries to connect anonymously to SAMR, which fails with
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED. Just checked with a Windows 2019 client: Same
thing.

Question -- how can I remotely change a password for a local Windows
2019 user that has "must change at next logon"?

Thanks,

Volker