[cifs-protocol] [REG:120060621000848] [MS-XCA] L77+Huffman negative huffman symbol update

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Tue Jun 9 10:28:43 UTC 2020

Jeff McCashland <jeffm at microsoft.com> writes:
> It appears this section of pseudocode was added as part of an update
> to document handling when input data > 64kb. The algorithm takes two
> passes over the data for each 64k block in succession, first to do
> LZ77 compression, then another pass to do Huffman encoding. When both
> passes are complete, it moved on to the next 64k block.

I understand that part. But my question was more about the details of
Huffman decoding. How can HuffmanSymbol be negative if the decode table
entries are all positive?

It seems to me either:
- the code building the DecodeTable wasn't updated to match the decoding
  code
- or there is a bug in the decoding code

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3