[cifs-protocol] [EXTERNAL] RE: [REG:120060621000848] [MS-XCA] L77+Huffman negative huffman symbol update

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Mon Jul 6 08:45:29 UTC 2020

Hi Jeff,

Jeff McCashland <jeffm at microsoft.com> writes:
> We have investigated further, and determined that the section you're
> asking about (the addition of the If HuffmanSymbol >= 0 block) is
> implementation-specific code that was inadvertently added, and is not
> necessary for Huffman compression or for >64k input buffers. Please
> ignore that specific change. I have filed a request to remove that
> section from the document. The only changes that should have been
> included are for handling multiple Huffman tables when the input
> buffer > 64k.

That makes sense. It seems MSFT should either document that
implementation-specific method for building the decoding table or, as
you are saying, remove the specific stuff from the decoding loop.

In any case, thanks for taking the time to look at this that deeply!

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3