[cifs-protocol] [REG:120080321001822] LDAP connections have hard timelimit of one hour?

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Aug 4 10:37:20 UTC 2020

Hi Bryan,

> Thank you for the question.  We created SR 120080321001822 To track this issue.  An engineer will contact you soon.

Thanks! Note the lifetime of the krb5 service tickets seems to be 1
hour, maybe that's related.

For SMB2 connections there's also a relationship to the lifetime of the
krb5 service ticket, before the server starts returning
NT_STATUS_SESSION_EXPIRED.

Maybe the LDAP server is doing something similar.

metze