[cifs-protocol] Netapp request SMB2_FILE_RENAME_INFO getting response STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND

Yash Jetwani j2yash at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 15:06:17 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I'm running into this issue where I get STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND as a
response for a SMB2_FILE_RENAME_INFO call to a svm with cifs enabled on
Netapp. This response does not make much sense as there was a Create
Request call with the same path just prior to the rename call which
returned Create Response as STATUS_SUCCESS. I'm using a self-developed
client for this request. Any help would be highly appreciated. I'm
attaching the particular request packet, response packet and
cifs configuration of the server on netapp as screenshots. Please revert if
any further log/capture is required.

Thank you